Announcing new Releases
OLI has been busy this fall. We have our 25th OLI Simulation Conference coming up in November and we have just released updates to the OLI Analyzer and to ESP.
OLI Analyzers and ESP have been released.
We released ESP 8.2.4 in August this year and it was a stable version. Unfortunately this was not true for the Analyzers. We released version 3.1.4 at the same time but had all kinds of issues with the mix calculation. This prompted a quick release of a new version 3.1.5 to address the mix calculation issues. This emergency release did not include any database updates.
We are announcing the release of 8.2.6 of ESP and 3.1.6 of the Analyzers. Please note that there was no official release of ESP 8.2.5. Here are some of the updates for each product:
- Updated Database
- The API method for calculating thermal conductivity and surface tension has been added for pseudocomponenets.
- Speed improvements for the computaion of pseudocomponents has been implemented.
- Ion-exchange documentation has been improved
- The code base for the alliance engines has been made unified.
- 2nd liquid case initialization has been improved for multiple point surveys.
- Copper Chemistry has been added to the corrosion rate model
- See the full set of release notes for ESP
- Updated Database
- All of the solver updates for ESP were included
- General improvements to the Mix Calculations
- See the full set of release notes for the Analyzers
Work continues on the Alliance Products. We have updated the following Alliance Products
OLI Engine 8.2.in Aspen PLUS V22.214.171.124.4 (August 2010) for use in beta testing only
OLI Engine 8.2 in Aspen PLUS V126.96.36.199.3 (May 2010)
OLI Engine 8.2 in Aspen PLUS V188.8.131.52.3 (May 2010)
OLI Engine 8.2 in Aspen PLUS 2006.5.8.2.3 (May 2010) available by request only
OLI Engine 8.2 in Aspen HYSYS V184.108.40.206.3 (May 2010)
OLI Engine 8.3 in Aspen HYSYS V220.127.116.11.4 (August 2010) for use in beta testing only
OLI Engine in ProII9.x.8.2.4 (October 2010)
All the best,
Training and Support
The training website has been updated with some new material. Here is a current list of what is available. For this version I have added some links to the various support sites.
OLI Knowledge base (and FAQ)
- OLI Analyzer Installation Issues
- How to import data from Excel in to the Extreme Value Statistics (EVS) program.
- Installation problems
- OLI Security Issues Updated
- Getting Started with Aspen PLUS and OLI
- Getting Started with OLI Studio3.1
- Getting Started with ESP 8.2
- Getting started with OLI Pro
- Getting Started wiht OLI and ProII