Spring has sprung and through a rash of seasonal allergies we are getting some new releases out.
At the request of some of our users, OLI is making available the content of the presentations for various OLI User Conferences. OLI is currently scheduling a User Conference for October 2010. You can view the past contents by viewing the OLI User Conference Page: User Conferences
A lot of changes have occurred to the Analyzer programs since we released version 2.0 almost 5 years ago. Not much of those changes have been documented. Sure we created release notes but none of the new features were highlighted in anything other than AJ Gerbino’s “Tricks of the Trade”. Thus I have been slowly updating my our OLI Aqueous Course notebook and putting the updated material on the OLI support website. The first installation is precipitation point calculations. Here is a direct link:
OLI is pleased to announce the rehiring of Honggang Zhao in April of this year. Honggang was (and is) an important part of the product development team. His primary role is to support Bob Young in developing and maintaining the calculation engine for all of the OLI products. Honggang temporarily left OLI back in January for personal reasons and has rejoined the team.
All the best,
Director of Client Relations.
version 4.0 build 3 (4.0.3) has been released which fixed some minor issues. These are:
- Fixed random crashes
- Updated the Add Mixer dialog to show the fraction of the second stream
- Fixed a failure in the Add Mixer calculation when opening from old cases. The total brine flow was not read correctly.
- When you left the results tab, you had to re-calculate to view the results again. This screwy logic was corrected.
Version 3.1 build 3 (3.1.3) has been released. The current list of bug fixes can be found here:
We have also added the ability to selectively remove individual oxidation states for REDOX chemistry. We developed this feature specifically to remove elemental nitrogen (N2) from NOx REDOX cases. The new training items below.
Version 8.2 build 3 (8.2.3) has been released. There is a major upgrade that standard ideal liquid volume is being added to the database. This will support holes found in the alliance products. There is no time table for the release. Here are the bug fixes
Training and Support
The training website has been updated with some new material. Here is a current list of what is available. For this version I have added some links to the various support sites.
- OLI Analyzer Installation Issues
- How to import data from Excel in to the Extreme Value Statistics (EVS) program.
- Installation problems
- OLI Security Issues
- Getting Started with Aspen PLUS and OLI
- Getting Started with OLI Studio3.1
- Getting Started with ESP 8.2
- Getting started with OLI Pro